This Black Bean Brownie is a great way to get your chocolate fix without sabotaging your diet. For each serving of these brownies to be 120 cal, the brownies must be cut into 22 bites.
Black Bean Brownie Bites
Makes 22 servings
- 1 (15-ounce) can no salt added black beans, rinsed and drained well
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons non-GMO canola oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup Swerve Sugar Replacement
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat an 8-inch square baking pan with cooking spray. In food processor, blend black beans until smooth. Add eggs, oil, cocoa powder, salt, baking powder, vanilla and sweetener, and process until smooth.
Add half the chocolate chips and pulse a few times or stir, so the chips are mixed in. Scrape batter into prepared baking pan, and sprinkle the remaining chips on top of the brownies.
Bake for 35 minutes at 350 degrees, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Let cool, and cut into 22 brownies.