It’s no secret that coffee shop Pumpkin Spice Lattes are loaded with sugar – but the fact that it can be two days’ worth of added sugar can be stunning. Indulge in the flavor of the season without the sugar roller coaster with these ready-made products that make a DIY PSL a breeze.
Ancient Nutrition Bone Broth Pumpkin Spice Protein Powder | Dairy Free, Keto-Friendly
A collagen-based powder infused with traditional fall spices, this Pumpkin Spice Protein Powder is made from bone broth, supporting our gut, skin, nails and joints while also satisfying our hankering for a pumpkin spice latte, hot, chilled or frozen.
Ingredients: Natural pumpkin flavor, organic cinnamon bark, natural vanilla flavor, xanthan gum, stevia leaf extra, guar gum, luo han guo fruit extract.
Per scoop: 90 calories, 1 gram fat, 0 saturated fat, 150 mg sodium, 0 carbs, 0 sugar, 18 protein
How-To: Mix one heaping scoop in 12 ounces of your favorite milk or milk alternative, with (optional) shot of espresso or cold drip coffee. Serve it up hot, over ice, or blended with ice for a pumpkin spice frappe.
Smoothie King has THREE Eat Fit approved Pumpkin Spice Smoothies, find them on the Ochsner Eat Fit smartphone app!
Califia Farms Pumpkin Spice Almond Creamer | Vegan, Dairy Free, Keto-Friendly
Made with real pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg, this plant-based creamer brings a silky creaminess without being too sweet. made with silky almond milk and coconut cream. Pumpkin spice it up with 0 grams of sugar, 15 calories, no hydrogenated fats, and all the fall feels.
Ingredients: almondmilk (water, almonds), coconut cream, pumpkin puree, sunflower lecithin, natural flavors, calcium carbonate, cinnamon, monk fruit juice concentrate, sea salt, ginger, potassium citrate, locust bean gum, mutmeg, gellan gum.
Per tablespoon: 5 calories, 0.5 grams fat, 0 saturated fat, 10 mg sodium, 0 carbs, 0 sugar, 0 protein
How-To: Add Califia Farms Pumpkin Spice Almondmilk Creamer into hot or iced coffee (or tea). It mixes easily without separating.
nutpods Pumpkin Spice Creamer | Vegan, Dairy Free, Keto-Friendly
Ingredients: water, coconut cream, almonds, natural flavors, acacia gum, dipotassium phosphate, sunflower lecithin, sea salt, gellan gum.
Per tablespoon: 10 calories, 1 gram fat, 0 saturated fat, 10 mg sodium, 0 carbs, 0 sugar, 0 protein
How-To: Add nutpods Pumpkin Spice Creamer into hot or iced coffee (or tea). It mixes easily without separating.
10 More Pumpkin Spice Finds
Pumpkin Spice Coffee [variety of brands]
- Zero calories, zero sugar, zero sodium
- Typical ingredients include ground coffee, orange peel, cinnamon, natural pumpkin spice flavor, allspice, nutmeg, vanilla beans.
Pumpkin Spice Tea [variety of brands]
- Zero calories, zero sugar, zero sodium
- Typical ingredients include tea or herbal blend, natural pumpkin flavor, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves.
- Blend of cinnamon, ginger, cloves, nutmeg
- Great for baking or adding to smoothies and hot drinks
Pumpkin Puree [variety of brands]
- Per serving: 50 calories, 0 fat, 0 sodium, 12 grams carbohydrates, 4 grams fiber, 4 grams sugar (0 added sugar), 1 gram protein
- Ingredient: pumpkin
- Per serving: 60 calories, 4 grams fat, 2.5 grams sat fat, 10 mg sodium, 9 grams carbohydrates, 3 grams fiber, 1 gram sugar (0 added sugar), <1 gram protein
- Ingredients include erythritol, cocoa butter, milk, dextrin, chicory root fiber, natural colors (red beet concentrate, paprika extract, spirulina), sunflower lecithin, salt, stevia.
- Ingredients include cassava starch, almond flour, eggs, dried pumpkin, organic coconut flour, spices, monk fruit
- Gluten free
- Per 2 pancakes: 140 calories, 6 grams fat, 1.5 grams saturated fat, 17 carbs, 6 grams protein, less than 1 gram sugar
- Per serving: 90 calories, 3.5 grams fat, 0 sat fat, 125 mg sodium, 14 grams carbohydrate, 2 grams fiber, 7 grams sugar (6 added sugar), 2 grams protein.
- Ingredients include almond flour, organic coconut sugar, pumpkin, arrowroot, organic spices (cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves), organic coconut flour, baking soda, sea salt
- Per serving: 140 calories, 6 grams fat, 3.5 grams sat fat, 135 mg sodium, 17 grams carbohydrate, 2 grams fiber, 6 grams sugar (5 added sugar), 3 grams protein.
- Ingredients include oats, organic coconut sugar, coconut oil, raw pumpkin seeds, organic sunflower seeds, organic puffed amaranth, organic quinoa flakes, organic chia seeds, organic cinnamon, salt.
Mom’s Soup: Pumpkin & Roasted Hatch Chile Soup | Whole Foods | GF
- Per serving: 40 calories, 1 gram fat, 0 grams sat fat, 530 mg sodium, 8 grams carbohydrate, 2 grams fiber, 2 grams sugar (0 added sugar), 1 gram protein.
- Ingredients include chicken stock, tapioca starch, pumpkin, onion, sweet potatoes, hatch peppers, cream, salt, honey, black pepper, roasted hatch peppers, ginger powder, citric acid, paprika, ground cinnamon.
Pumpkin Butternut Squash Bisque | Trader Joe’s | GF
- Per serving: 100 calories, 4.5 grams fat, 2 grams sat fat, 730 mg sodium, 15 grams carbohydrate, 3 grams fiber, 8 grams sugar (4 grams added sugar), 1 gram protein
- Ingredients include water, pumpkin puree, butternut squash, onions, carrots, honey, butter, sea salt, brown sugar, oil, garlic, apple cider vinegar, sage, nutmeg, black pepper.
Molly Kimball, RD, CSSD is a registered dietitian + nutrition journalist in New Orleans, and founder of Ochsner Eat Fit nonprofit restaurant initiative. Tune in to her podcast, FUELED | Wellness + Nutrition and follow her on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter at @MollyKimballRD. See more of Molly’s articles + TV segments at www.mollykimball.com, and sign up for Eat Fit Wellness Bites weekly newsletter, here.