Croutons add texture and flavor to a salad, but most croutons also add a hefty dose of salty white carbs. But with a little creativity, there are plenty of other ways to add interest and crunch to a salad. In today’s Love it, Like it, Hate it, Molly shares some of the best and worst ways to top your next salad!
- Marzetti Whole Grain Croutons
- Snappea Crisps
- Other “crouton” options include roasted nuts like pecans & walnuts, crunchy kale chips, or even beet chips.
- Whole grain blend croutons (blend of white + whole grain flours)
- Croutons – pretty much any + all: white bread, salt, oil
- Tortilla Strips, tri-color: Corn flour, oil, salt, red 40, blue 1, blue 2.
To catch the full segment on WGNO.com, click here.